Apple Pie has always been a fall/winter favorite for me. Plus nothing smells better cooking in your home like the rich waves of apple and cinnamon. These cookies are super easy to make and something that can be done under 45 mins. If you are needing a quick, last minute holiday treat for your work or just wanting to bring something different to the Christmas dessert table this year, then these are the perfect choice!
1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)
5 oz Caramel Topping
10 oz Apple Pie Filling
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 cup Sugar
Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray and set aside.
- (I lined my pan with foil and used PAM nonstick spray with flour. This made it super easy to pull up the cookies afterwards.)
- Allow crusts to warm slightly to make them easier to work with.
- Dust work area with flour and slightly roll out crusts.
- Spread a thin layer of caramel on one of the crusts.
- (Adding too much caramel will not allow your cookies to be crisp. You need them to be crisp so they can hold all the toppings.)
- Use a knife or a fork to chop apple pie filling into smaller pieces and spread over top of caramel.
- (I found dicing them up was the perfect size.)
- Cut other crust into roughly 1/2″ strips.
- (I used a pizza cutter.)
- Use strips to create a lattice top over pie covered crust.
- Cut out circles and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- (I used a wine glass, this allowed me to get the perfect circle.)
- Beat egg in bowl until well blended.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Brush lattice tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Take in the smells while these beauties cool down, however you’ll be lucky to have any by the time that actually happens! Enjoy!