Looking for the best options for Halloween family friendly fun?! Wellll thanks to my 18month old, who clearly thinks four hours of sleep is enough for a mom of three to run on. I have complied a list of some local Halloween hot spots! Heres to a spook-taculer time and lots of memories!
Saturday – October 21st
- Fort Wayne’s Annual Fright Night 2017 – FREE admission – Low/No Cost activities for the kids
- Hours: 9am – 10pm
Fort Wayne’s Annual “Zombie” Walk Kicks off at 5:30pm! Sign up and show off who has the best stomach for the Brain Eating constant that begins at 2:20pm! Trunk or Treat Soiree 1pm-5pm! Yummi Bunni will be hosting a All Ages Costume Contest with a grand prize of $200 for the best dressed! So be sure to hop on over there for a sweet treat. So much fun to be had for all ages – Check out FrightNightDownTown.com for a total activity list, survival guide, and parking options.
- 8th Annual Halloween Pet Parade – Hosted by: Fort Wayne Animal Care and Control
- Hours: 12pm-3pm – Located at Franke Park Pavilion #1.
Bring your well behaved pets (sorry Willis) in their costumes to Franke Park for a fun afternoon. This all ages event will have tons of prizes, a silent auction, and raffles. Go to their page to get all the information!
- Trunk or Treat for Kids With Special Needs – Hosted by: Fort Wayne Autism Center
- Hours: 11am-2pm @ 5750 Falls Dr. Ft Wayne, IN 46804
Fort Wayne Autism Center is hosting a Trunk or Treat event for kids with special needs. This family friendly event features local businesses who set up decorated ‘trunks’ that the kiddos can trick or treat to. They will have specialists on hand to make this event accessible for children of all abilities! Come out and enjoy this truly fun event!
- Guided Hike Tour – hosted by: Lindenwood Nature Preserve – FREE!
- Hours: Guides start at 10am
See what is happening in our beautiful Fort Wayne area as we approach the fall season. This is a kid friendly guided hiking tour. For more information on the tour, contact Eden at (260) 427-6008. Get out and enjoy the autumn air while it lasts – which in Indiana could be all of 48hours.
- Wild Zoo Halloween – Hosted by: Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo
- Hours: 10am-5pm (last admission at 5pm grounds close at 6pm)
- Admission prices ($5 admin/nontreat, $9 admin/treat, $4 Baby Treat)
On this day the Wild Zoo will be featuring the Pumpkin Stomp and Chomp!
- Sunday, October 22: Super Hero Day- 11 am to 3 pm
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday October 27 – 29 – Truck & Tractor Weekend – trucks and tractors supplied by Kenn-Feld Group John Deere are taking over the zoo. Come see these “monsters” up close.
Enjoy a “merry-not-scary” Halloween at the zoo! This a family tradition in our home – See all of the zoo animals while you explore the Treat Trails, meet Broomhilda the Witch, pick out a mini pumpkin to bring home. Experience plenty more kid-friendly activities while making so many memories!!
Saturday October 28th
- Pumpkin Patch Party – Hosted by: Jorgensen YMCA – FREE to the public!
- Hours: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Put on your best costume and head to the YMCA for their one-of-a-kind Halloween Party. They will have a D.J. to mix up some fun monster mash tunes. Activities will include crafts, treats, a spooky room, games, a bounce house and tons of kid friendly fun activities! This is open to all members and non-members, for quick entry pre-register. Contact the Jorgensen YMCA for additional information. (260) 432-8953
- Howl O’Ween Celebration – Hosted by: Black Pine Animal Sanctuary
- Hours: 3pm-6pm
This is a family-friendly “safe” celebration that takes place throughout the sanctuary. During the event, visitors can enjoy the seasonal decor, the animals, a bonfire, and Trick-or-Treat stations throughout the grounds. Each trick-or-treater will be issued five tickets to redeem for candy at any of our trick-or-treat stations. Costumes are optional, however they reserve the right to restrict access for especially elaborate, large, or unusual costumes that may disturb the animals or their youngest guests. So dress appropriately, this event is on rain or shine, no refunds.
The admission includes visitation from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., as well as trick-or-treating from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. All proceeds help fund the winter care of the animals. For more details, you can visit the Black Pine Animal Sanctuary website.
- Trick or Treat – Oct. 31st – Hosted by: Jefferson Pointe
- Hours 5pm-7pm
Come out to Jefferson Pointe for a night of treats! Many of the merchants will have treats for the kids and some will even have goodies for your pets provided by Petshion Boutique! Jefferson Pointe has added something new this year to the Halloween fun! Pyroscope Entertainment will be putting on a fiery performance around the fountain during Trick or Treat evening! Mom’s start pinning the best costume ideas now and bring the kids out Halloween Night for Trick or Treat at Jefferson Pointe!
- Haunted Halloween Train – Oct. 30th – Hosted by: Heritage Park and American Senior Communities
- Hours: 6pm-8pm
Children can trick or treat as the residents will be ready to hand out candy! Share in the fun and listen to the DJ as you wait for your turn on the train ride of terror. (Aka: Monday car pool at school). They will have a photo booth so you can get a snap of your memories being made! So make sure you dress up and enjoy this ride! For more details head on over to their website.
- Trick or Treat – Oct. 31st – Hosted by Fort Wayne Pediatrics
- Hours: 8:30am – 4pm
Bring your little goblins to trick or treat in a safe environment at Fort Wayne Pediatrics for Halloween!
Fort Wayne official Trick or Treat Hours for 2017 are as follows:
Tuesday October 31st – 5:30pm – 7:30 pm
Here’s to Making Memories this Halloween season!